BidOne is a local company with a global presence. Every day thousands of businesses around the world place orders with their wholesale suppliers on the BidOne apps and online platforms.
BidOne has a strong team culture of shared responsibility for the profitable delivery of software to our customers. BidOne software reflects their business need, contributes to their competitive advantage and is reliable and robust reflecting the critical nature of the business processes that we support. “Never lose an order” is central to the way that we go about our business activities.
As a client facing position this role is one of the key contributors to our customer’s perception of our professionalism and quality of process, development and implementation.
The role encompasses key responsibilities for:
- QA of new development at point of integration and delivery into customer environments for the Bdirect solution and mobile apps.
- Validation, triage, monitoring and motivating closure of support tickets through Helpdesk system.
- Release Management
- Test new development & hot fixes completed by the support & mobile teams.
- Test new release development & hot fixes being integrated into customer environments.
- Encompass regression tests, auto tests, stress test loading and edge scenario test conditions into QA process.
- Test BidOne Electronic Data Interchanges (EDI) for new release integration & regression.
- Troubleshoot issues by investigating the data flows between integrated systems and exchanges.
- Manage performance benchmark testing and record results to maintain visibility of impact of new development on the customer environments.
- Work with QA Lead and wider QA team to implement defined BidOne team practice, new technologies and innovation.
- Communicate with customers to acknowledge, clarify, maintain progress and close issues logged in Helpdesk system.
- Initial review and validation of new customer helpdesk issues to ensure issue is ready to be worked on by appropriate development team member.
- Co-ordinate with Support Manager to assign issues to the appropriate team member based on likely cause and severity.
- Escalate business critical issues to relevant teams for immediate action and assist to resolve in a timely and professional manner.
- Test and validate issues have been resolved as indicated by developers in readiness for customer confirmation of same.
- Maintain the release management calendar for all planned release & hot fix deployments.
- Co-ordinate internal resources required for Release deployment, and ensure release team is prepared and have appropriate communication leading up to and during release.
- Provide release coordination and communication with customers and BidOne team members during and after deployment.
- Facilitate release planning & UAT review meetings with key stakeholders.
- Maintain communication and co-ordination with development team to confirm readiness of hot fix.
- Document and communicate all changes for a release in release notes, which are published to both the internal team and the client.
- Facilitate emergency production releases from incident identification to incident closure.
- Verify customer acceptance/signoff on deliverables.
- Identify opportunities to make tactical improvements to the release management process.
- Maintain internal and customer facing documentation of all release management processes.
- Create release management standards & template documentation to be followed.
- Manage configuration & other changes made in the UAT cycle to ensure migrated in final deployment. Manage documentation processes of same.
- Excellent problem solver
- Experience with systems and IT operations
- Understand complex software environments with strong integration between systems
- Exposure to Electronic Data Interchanges (EDI)
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools
- Experience writing complex queries for SQL Server
- Comfort with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment
- Strong grasp of automation tools
- Database management skills
- A strong focus on business outcomes
- Comfort with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
- QA & release management experience.