Bidfood as an Employer
Bidfood New Zealand is the largest specialist foodservice distributor in the country and the only true national food distribution service to multi-site customers. With 28 strategically located business units and satellites across the country, Bidfood provides the foodservice industry with a full-service distribution business focused on quality – quality product and quality people.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensure that procurement decisions are taken with a view to achieving optimum stock levels, buying at the most optimal price and balancing operational efficiency with customer service.
- Set up appropriate lines of communication with Operations and Sales teams. Need to recognise the importance of providing accurate and up to date information on an ongoing basis.
- Analyse and understand market trends
- Actively seek cost savings in regular stock lines
- Plan and execute strategic procurement decisions, in consultation with the Purchasing Manager.
- Seek alternative supplier for product lines if is cost saving or new range is required to meet customer demand.
- Ensure that suppliers adhere to the standards set in Bidfood’s Food Control Plan
- Build strong relationships with suppliers and gain a competitive advantage through negotiation and or delivering benefit to suppliers.
- Using available tools (including Houdini/Stock Track & Excel), ensure we are maintaining accurate inventory and pricing files within Bidfood’s ER (Realtime)
- Monitor and review the daily inwards goods, to ensure accuracy of receipting and stock records.
- Conduct regular reviews of the stock range identify duplicate and slow moving stock lines, and to decide on an appropriate course of action in consultation with Purchasing Manager.
- Ensure that all pricing and system fields are updated in Real-time.
- Manage slow moving and problem stock, highlighting issues to the Sales Manager and ensuring initiative to clear stock are completed.
- Ensure orders are placed in accordance with supplier requirements (minimum orders, lead times, cut off times etc)
- Assist the Warehouse Manager and Inventory Controller in all aspects of the stocktake process
- Follow all company policies including those related to Food Safety and Health & Safety.
- Assist other staff with other sundry duties as directed by your manager
- Maintain a high standard of dress and grooming so as to represent a professional company image to visitors.
- Strive for continuous improvement personally
- Communicate and promote yourself as a team player
Key Performance Indicators
- Stock turn
- Stock level ($)
- Expired stock ($)
- Number of SKUs
- Slow moving stock (# and % of SKUs and $ stock holding)
- Minimum out of stocks
- Effectiveness of relationships with suppliers
- Keep up to date with A/P invoices daily.
- Minimum Slow & Dead lines of stock. Maintain correct status of lines
- Systems – become skilled in operation Real Time, Houdini and create reports in excel to manage inventory
- Product knowledge
- Receipting accuracy
- Ensure company policies are followed.
Applications close 5pm 27 May 2019