Bidfood Christchurch, a rapidly expanding & leading Food Distribution company in New Zealand, has a rare opportunity to lead our warehouse and transport teams based at our Hillsborough site.
The highly sought after and crucial role of Operations Manager has become available as a result of an internal promotion.
If you can see the logistics matrix then you may be the Oracle that we’re looking for. The role of Operations Manager is one of, if not the, key role in our business. You are the gateway to and from all parts of our business; you are all things to all people.
To say that this is an extremely busy role is more than a mild understatement. But then, to say that you will be appreciated for your success in the role is equally understated. This is a role where you will have the opportunity to be noticed within the branch and at a national level but make no mistake, the role is not for the faint of heart or easily frustrated. Your leadership skills and ability to motivate your team will make or break the daily operations. Your skills and hard work will add tremendous value to our business and in return you will be welcomed as a critical member of our senior management team.
You could say that the role is Monday to Friday, but our operations are 24/7 so once settled into the role you will set your own pace and working hours needed to lead your team of slightly more than 100 towards success.
Of course you will need to possess all the standard skills; magician-like leadership, excellence with numbers, outstanding written and verbal communication and be a wiz with warehouse management systems and computers in general. But to be the standout applicant for this mighty role you must have:
- A proven record of people management in an operational environment, preferably in warehousing and/or distribution of food products
- Must be willing and able to work in the freezer (-20 degrees) when required
- Knowledge of the requirements of the Employment Relations Act and its amendments
- A strong commitment to achieving company goals
- The ability to build positive working relationships at any level of business
- The desire to develop a career in the warehouse, transport and logistics arena
- Familiarity with the principles of FIFO, HACCP and H&S
- A current forklift operators certificate with recent experience operating a forklift and reach truck would be beneficial
- An awesome sense of humour
If you can tick ALL of the above boxes then we’d love to hear from you ASAP. If you can tick most of the boxes then please do put your best foot forward, but be aware that we are entering our extremely busy summer season so we are looking for the ideal person who can hit the ground running, therefore you will really need to sell us on why you are the stand out candidate.
If you are at your best when faced with catch 22 situations or when backed into a corner, then this is without question the perfect role for you to shine and advance your career in a high service demand industry.
In return for your dedication and unwavering focus to achieving results whilst maintaining excellent rapport with your team and other departments, we can offer:
- Real opportunities for future growth and development
- Professional development training
- A competitive remuneration package
- The opportunity to work for a solid, growing international business
- If you're interested in a hectic but exciting career in the foodservice industry with a company that rewards high performance then apply now to avoid missing out.
Applicants must be able to provide references and agree to a full background check and pre-employment drug test.
Please note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.