- Do you have the desire and drive to move your logistics career to the next level?
- Keen to fully utilise your years of experience in warehousing?
- Able to work permanent afternoons/nights and weekends?
We are seeking applications to join the Midshift team at Bidfood Christchurch. This is a permanent role, working Sunday to Thursday and every second Friday from 15:00 - 23:30.
This is a high priority position to be filled and the nature of the role requires a special person, so to be the ideal candidate for this role you must have a range of experience including:
- Experience in a food warehouse environment including frozen and chilled food operations
- A good understanding of food warehousing & distribution
- Experience in and a desire to work nightshift
- Experience operating a forklift and reach truck would be advantagous.
- Picking / packing orders
- Loading trucks for despatch
- Ability to work unsupervised and evidence of this
We are looking for someone who doesn’t get bogged down with reasons why “it” can’t be done, but rather focusses on how to make it happen without compromising safety. Previous experience in a high pressure, time critical food warehouse environment is essential as this is a key shift within our organisation and, whilst we can offer training in our systems and products, the successful applicant will need to hit the ground running.
This position requires individuals to be physically fit as there is frequent heavy lifting of up to 25kg.
We are looking for a team player who is committed to developing their career in the warehousing/logistics industry. Opportunities for future growth and development exist for the right person.
Bidfood as an employer
Bidfood is at the forefront of the foodservice market in New Zealand, offering an exceptional customer experience driven by passion, commitment, innovation and expertise. Bidfood recognises those who thrive on using their initiative and delivering a high quality service. We believe these people are the absolute key to the success of Bidfood.
This is an excellent career opportunity to join a stable, constantly growing, highly respected company within the hospitality industry. We offer a competitive remuneration package and staff benefits.
Applicants must be able to provide references, agree to a security check and will be required to pass a pre-employment drug test. You must be a NZ or Australian resident or citizen to apply for this role.