Bidfood is at the forefront of the foodservice market in New Zealand, offering an exceptional customer experience driven by passion, commitment, innovation and expertise. We provide food solutions to a wide range of customers, including Restaurants, Bars, Hotels, Hospitals, Aged Care Facilities, Government Agencies, Caterers, Service Stations and the list goes on!
Our Wellington based Foodservice business manages the supply of food and related products 6 days a week. It is a fast paced dynamic business which seeks the expertise of an experienced Health & Safety (H&S) Coordinator to work at our Porirua site in Wellington.
This is your chance to demonstrate your Health & Safety expertise and skills. We are looking for a coordinator who leads by example and isn’t afraid to roll up their sleeves to get the work done.
Reporting directly to the Administration/Commercial Manager and working alongside the Heads of Department and HR you will have responsibility for the daily management and oversight of Health and Safety. You will be responsible for undertaking audits, reviewing, and developing systems and strategies and working with operational teams to advise on risk and best practice for branch Health & Safety management.
To be successful you will bring:
- Proven experience and preferably a qualification in Health & Safety
- The ability to work under pressure
- Confident communication skills across all levels within the business
- Strong focus and commitment to strengthening an environment that embraces H&S in all aspects of the workplace experience
- A visible H&S leader who encourages and supports best practices
- Focus on continuous improvement, to optimize H&S objectives and outcomes
- Not just a problem solver planner but a solution finder
- Support the accident and incident investigation process with the Heads of Dept
- Experience in training teams around H&S practices
- Strong commitment to delivery of all things Health & Safety
- Confident computer skills, having extensive WMS experience
Don’t miss the chance to join this exciting fast paced business where job satisfaction, supportive leadership, strong core values and a highly motivated team drive our success! If you are a hands on practitioner with experience driving continuous improvement activities, a genuine passion for Health & Safety and creating a positive and and safe workplace culture, then we are keen to hear from you.
Applications close 31 January 2020