Bidfood is at the forefront of the foodservice market in New Zealand, offering an exceptional customer experience driven by passion, commitment, innovation and expertise. We provide food solutions to a wide range of customers, including Restaurants, Bars, Hotels, Hospitals, Aged Care Facilities, Government Agencies, Caterers, Service Stations and the list goes on!
The Wellington based Foodservice business manages the supply of in excess of 6000 primarily food products 6 days a week through our fleet of more than 27 trucks. It is a fast paced dynamic business which seeks the expertise of an experienced, forward thinking Dispatch Manager based in the Porirua region of Wellington.
This is your chance to showcase your strong leadership skills across a 24hr business. We are looking for a leader who leads by example and isn’t afraid to roll up their sleeves to get the work done.
Reporting directly to the Operations Performance Manager, you will have overall responsibility for the management and distribution functions whilst building a strong culture of continual improvement and customer focus. You will be responsible for a team of over 35 employees. This is a hands-on role and your primary focus will be to ensure that the customer experience objectives of coordinated on time deliveries are met in an accurate and safe manner supporting every aspect of the logistics within the Bidfood Wellington.
To be successful you will bring:
- Proven experience in fleet management
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong focus and commitment to delivering positive customer experiences
- A visible people leader who encourages teamwork and best practices
- Focus on efficiencies and continuous improvement, to optimize productivity
- Not just a problem solver planner but a solution finder
- Experience in training and developing teams
- Commitment to Health & Safety
- Confident computer skills, having extensive WMS experience
- Confident communication skills at all levels within the business.
- Experience in GPS enabled fleet management systems
Don’t miss the chance to join this exciting fast paced business where job satisfaction, supportive leadership, strong core values and a highly motivated team drive our success! If you are a hands on manager with experience driving continuous improvement activities, a genuine passion for leading from the front and creating a positive and productive culture, then we are keen to hear from you.
Applications close 31 January 2020