* Stable, growing company
* Many different sizes and classes of vehicle to drive
* Paid training possibilities
* Physical role, not just driving
Bidfood is a rapidly expanding & leading Food Distribution company in New Zealand. We Have great opportunities for full time permanent Delivery Drivers in our transport team based at our Christchurch branch.
Are you looking for:
- Your first break in the transport industry?
- A job with a future?
- A choice of working days
We need class 2 and/or 4 licenced drivers to deliver frozen, chilled and dry goods to our amazing customers throughout Christchurch and Mid to North Canterbury. It goes with saying that you'll be able to safely and courteously drive our trucks around Canterbury but it will be your can do attitude and great customer service that will drive your career forward.
Bidfood is committed to on going development for our staff and offer internal training to all and external development where applicable.
The following attributes will be essential for your success in this role and as such applicants who can demonstrate all of the following will be "jumping the queue":
- A solid work history showing reliability and commitment
- Attention to detail coupled with strong numeracy and communication skills
- Experience in the foodservice or hospitality industry
- Manual handling metro deliveries from a vehicle that requires at least a class 2 license to drive
- Knowledge of dry, chilled and frozen goods
- Knowledge of food safety and Health & Safety best practice
- Experience dealing with customers face to face
- A clean drivers license
- Be very physically fit
- Excellent written and oral English
Our distribution operations run from Monday to Saturday and we have various shift patterns available however most of our transport team start between 4am and 6am.
Bidfood as an employer
Bidfood is at the forefront of the foodservice market in New Zealand, offering an exceptional customer experience driven by passion, commitment, innovation and expertise. Bidfood recognises those who thrive on using their initiative and delivering a high quality service. We believe these people are the absolute key to the success of Bidfood.
This is an excellent career opportunity to join a stable, constantly growing, highly respected company within the hospitality industry. We offer a competitive remuneration package and staff benefits.
Applicants must be able to provide references, agree to a security check and will be required to pass a pre-employment drug test. You must be eligible to work in NZ to apply for this role.