WHO WE ARE
Bidfood is at the forefront of the foodservice market in New Zealand, offering an exceptional customer experience driven by passion, commitment, innovation and expertise. Offering the whole basket, we provide food solutions to a wide range of customers, including Service Stations Restaurants, Bars, Hotels, Hospitals, Aged Care Facilities, Government Agencies, Caterers, Convenience and the list goes on!
As the largest Foodservice distributor in New Zealand, Bidfood are continually looking to expand our reach across the wider market. The Channel Manager – Convenience is a unique, autonomous role managing the convenience channel for Bidfood. Working alongside our key convenience supplier partners, including household names such as Streets, Red Bull and Dad’s Pies, the successful candidate will manage both the commercial and sales relationship to ensure mutual growth. In order to ensure success you will work closely with the Bidfood branches to grow and develop the field sales capability whilst ensuring the long term vision and goals are always being worked towards.
We are growing a team culture that is more than just hitting targets, with an emphasis on making sure we are the best in the industry. Our environment is fast paced and exciting; as such we need dynamic individuals who cope well with change, constantly working to improve their own performance and bring something positive to the table. Bidfood prides itself on its decentralised model and this extends to the autonomy provided to this role.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR IN A CANDIDATE
- An affinity for food and the Convenience/Route channel
- Existing relationships and understanding of the key Petrol and Convenience National Accounts would be preferable.
- Significant account management experience ideally with previous exposure to the convenience channel.
- Outstanding communication skills and the ability to build longstanding relationships with senior managers and business owners
- An aptitude for Training and Development to help develop the capability of a high performing field sales team.
- Skilled negotiator who develops solutions for all parties.
- A strategic thinker with a constant focus on where the next opportunity lies and the ability to develop and execute plans to achieve those goals.
- A self starter who thrives on working in an autonomous environment and can work across our decentalised business model.
- Able to work in a non hierachical organisation, taking others on a journey to achieve the required outcomes, rather than directing.